Sunday, March 28, 2010

Open-Air Market, Air strikes back!

If you joined us out in Grapevine on Saturday, then it's no news to you that the wind was certainly present and accounted for. This time when I said : "The show was fun! My products were flying off the table!" I meant it quite literally!

Within 30 minutes of starting my setup, I got a first hand lesson in "Wind Proofing." After a gust of wind and a loud thump, I looked over to find one of my diaper cakes had flown off the table and landed, quite safely, on the chair next to it. Whew! Considering myself lucky, I started securing products the best I could. Despite the ongoing battle with Mother Nature, the day was fun-filled and I made many new acquaintances.

Thanks to everyone who braved the wind to come say hello, and a big thanks to everyone who brought back any rogue products they found several feet away from their proper vendors. All those dedicated vendors deserve a big round of applause for hanging in there and doing so with a great big smile on their face!

The Curious Cake Shoppe @ 1st Annual Cannon Open-Air Market
Click the link above to visit our Flickr Show Set and see more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment